I tried this recipe this weekend from Hungry Girl – on her site it’s called HG Clubhouse Chicken Quesadilla. Loved it so much on Saturday, I made it again for the Big Game (go Giants!) on Sunday. Not only is it good, but it’s also a great meal when you’re short on time.
Chicken Quesadilla (from Hungry Girl)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tsp. fat-free ranch dressing
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce 1/2 oz.
- mashed avocado (about 1 tbsp.)
- Dash each chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder
- 1 medium-large high-fiber flour tortilla with 110 calories or less
- 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. cooked and chopped skinless chicken breast
- 1 slice of cooked bacon (HG calls for pre-cooked crumbled bacon)
- Optional: fat-free sour cream, salsa
Over medium-high heat, place a large skillet sprayed with canola or olive oil cooking spray. Once heated, add onions and bell pepper and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing with a couple of dashes of hot sauce (to taste). In another bowl, combine mashed avocado, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder.
Lay tortilla flat on one half side, spread the guacamole mixture. Then add 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese, followed by chicken (I picked up Perdue Southwestern-style grilled chicken strips), broken up bacon and vegetable mixture. Top with ranch/hot sauce mixture and remaining 2 tbsp of cheddar cheese.
Spray skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, lay tortilla flat on skillet for 2 minutes.
Then fold over the other half of the tortilla and seal with a spatula. Flip quesadilla to the other side and cook for 3 minutes.
Remove from skillet and slice into sections. Serve with sour cream and/or salsa.
Weight Watchers Points Plus Value: 8