Didn’t plan my week well this week. I usually cook on Sunday nights and eat leftovers for dinner for a couple of nights during the week. Never made it to the grocery store this weekend – oh well. The double whammy is that I’ve also recommitted to Weight Watchers after Thanksgiving. Oh boy.
So what do I make that’s quick, easy and waist-friendly? Turned to an old standby from Hungry Girl. In this case I made a recipe from Lisa Lillien’s Hungry Girl 1-2-3 book—Cheesy Beefy Supreme Wrap that’s all made in the microwave. (You can also find a very similar recipe on the Hungry Girl website) Instead of beef, the recipe is soy-based. You’re saying ew, right? Oh no, in a pinch it works out well and it satisfies my Mexican food craving. OK, not really, but it puts it at bay. This makes a perfect Meatless Monday meal. I did make a couple changes to the recipe:
- 1/2 cup Boca meatless crumbles
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss (original recipe called for a ½ wedge)
- ½ tsp. dry taco seasoning (like Ortega or Old El Paso)
- 1 tsp. taco sauce – I used Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 medium flour tortilla – I used Mission Carb Balance
- 1/8 cup shredded fat-free cheddar (original recipe calls for 1/3 cup)
- 1 T fat-free sour cream
Total Weight Watchers PointsPlus points: 5
Since I was staaaarving when I got home, I made two tacos and a little side salad with red lettuce, celery, ¼ of a beefsteak tomato, 1 pepperoncini and a tablespoon of Newman’s Own Light Italian dressing. Total WW PointsPlus points for the dinner was 11 points – woo-hoo!